Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Beautiful Poem/Song

This is the peom/song my friend Chalice shared with me. If you are familiar with the Primary song "I am a Child of God" it's sung or read to that tune. I've heard it before, but didn't get a chance to copy it so I' so happy that she shared it with me.
I am a child of God
I am a child of God
and He has called me home.
My earthly journey's through but still, I do not walk alone.
He leads me, guides me, walks beside me, helps me find the way.
He welcomed me with open arms.
I live with Him today.
I am a child of God and I have gone ahead.
My earthly life was brief but oh, such peace and love you gave.
You loved me, held me, stood beside me and though I cannot stay.
You gave me much to help me and I live with Him today.
I am a child of God and I will wait for you.
Celestial glory shall be ours, if you can but endure.
I'll lead you, guide you, walk beside you.
Help you find the way.
I'll welcome you with open arms
One bright Celestial day.

--Donna Kulliard
Thank you Chalice for sharing this with me!

1 comment:

3in3mom said...

let me wipe away the tears! I was so touched when I read that song and it seemed so miraculous when I happened to be talking to you and there was a hummingbird, then the story of your baby, and the song. . . what a sweet blessing for a day I needed to know the Lord is near.

Love you, C