Sunday, March 22, 2009

Blagh, Blagh, Blagh

I know I should be positive and happy...but I'm not today or yesterday or the day before that. I loved seeing Yvonne, getting my hugs and seeing her smile. As a mom it was so hard to leave the other children, who never had been without us for even a couple nights, but I wanted with all my heart to go and see her. Of course they survived and it was good for them. They were with a good friend who gave them hugs and love when they needed it. Then those feelings came back when it was time to leave. Do we stay longer with her or go home to the others. We almost had to stay, the airlines almost cancled the flight due to only one restroom working on the plane.
I bet this is what all Mom's go through when their first born leaves home.
How do you get used to having your heart in two seperate places?
I know this will get easier, but man is sucks in the mean time.

I'm a detail person, I love details. I love details in stories (my hubby hates that!lol) the finishing touches in different things, anyways....I also love details in my kids lives. Point in fact...I was asking Yvonne to describe what it looked there and reminded her that lots of pictures help bring back lots of fun memories when she is no longer living in Paradise. She let me know that I can't be with her everywhere she goes.... duh...I know that, but I gotta get my heart to understand that. And it would be nice if I could get my "shut up" filter to work... I mentioned for her to make sure she has someone with her at night when she's walking around .... as ANY mom would, and she, patiently reminds me that she's an MP now and has been highly trained to take care of herself. She's shot M16's, Bazooka's and numerous other ones I can't spell or remember, she's repelled off a 40 foot wall, jumped out of an airplane, covered herself from the blasts of grenades, went on 10k marches with 50lb ruk-sack, learned how to disarm a man, jumped out of an airplane, take down a man 2x her size, learned to tail someone, learned to loose a tail, jumped out of an airplane, drive a Humv, use those big guns on the big trucks and tons more and did I mention she jumped out of an airplane?!?!
I know, I know, I know....you can take care of yourself sweetie

1 comment:

3in3mom said...

I know I'm not in your place in life, but oh wow, hugs! It's so hard to want to just snuggle that little girl and make her safe and sound. This weekend we were at Luke AFB and I was amazed at the skill and training of the officers/personal. I am so grateful for those that serve. Thanks for your sacrifice.

Love, C