Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I got to talk to Yvonne!!

So here's the update...
It was so awesome to hear her sweet voice! All the military Mom's out there can tell you that it is such a high to be able to hear them while they are deployed!
She can't say too much to us, but she's in Kuwait for a couple more days.
They spend about 2 weeks in Kuwait getting acclimated to the climate change, the time change and camel spiders!
(HOLY COW...Google camel spider, you'll say the same!)
And training for the things to come.
She sounds good, bit tired and missing her family.
She is HOT, way hot with all her gear on, sand is in everything!
What I'd do to be able to give her a huge hug and tell her she can do it! To give her that positive encouragement (in person of course) that each and every soldier needs.
When she gets to where she is going and can call or write, I'll post more.

Until then, no...until she comes home,
please, please, please keep my baby in your prayers.


2 comments:

Becky said...

You make my heart melt sometimes. I will be praying for her.
Macade is home and having a tough time adjusting. He feels so out of place and actually misses people telling him what to do. Any advice?

Tabatha said...

call me when you have a chance, when he's with friends (don't want to take away from that precious time) Hang in there sweetie, love you.